Are you wondering how challenging it is to sell your Birmingham home yourself? Many homeowners assume they can save money and time by selling their houses without real estate agents. After all, the idea that you can have total control when selling your home sounds great in theory. But did you know that according to a recent report published by the National Association Of Realtors, FSBO (‘for sale by owner’) sales yield less money on average than realtor-involved sales?
Selling a house in Birmingham is tough, and many homeowners who take the FSBO approach find the task costly and a lot harder than they expect. That said, it would be best to understand the challenges of selling your own home before listing it as an FSBO property. At Chase Pays Cash LLC, we buy houses Birmingham for cash and can help you decide.
For Sale By Owner Challenges
So, how challenging is it to sell a ‘for sale by owner’ property? There are several aspects that homeowners believe are the most difficult when taking the FSBO route, including:
– Preparing the house: Still considering selling your home yourself? If so, be ready to deal with house repairs, improvements, showings, and marketing. Preparing a for-sale property yourself can be tricky. In fact, according to NAR, 12% of homeowners who listed their homes as FSBO found that getting a property ready for sale was the most challenging part of taking the FSBO route.
If you’re taking the FSBO route, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the number of tasks you need to complete, including staging your house, cleaning, taking care of touch-ups and repairs, and improving curb appeal.
– The Paperwork: Another tricky part of taking the FSBO route is dealing with the paperwork. As a novice home seller, completing the paperwork involved with real estate sales can be incredibly difficult. Even if you find a buyer right away or get an offer that matches your asking price, you’ll have to deal with a lot of paperwork accompanying the sale.
– Pricing the home right: Pricing your home right is easier said than done. Often, FSBO sellers will look at what other similar properties are selling for in their neighborhood and choose a similar price. Sadly, doing so fails to factor in the unique aspects of a home – such as features, repair work, or upgrades – that could help you come up with the best price.
For Sale By Owner Disadvantages
There are several disadvantages if you opt for FSBO. These include:
– The sale could fall through
– You could lose money
– Potential legal issues
– FSBO is hard work
– FSBO listings are not that effective
– You will have to deal with bargain shoppers
– Marketing your home is not easy
– It takes too long to sell
We Buy Houses Birmingham and We Can Help
Now that you understand the downsides of an FSBO approach, you’re probably considering an alternative option for selling your home.
A better option for many homeowners who don’t want to struggle with the FSBO approach is to work with a trusted local cash house buyer like Chase Pays Cash LLC. At Chase Pays Cash LLC, we buy houses Birmingham for cash and can help you decide.
We buy houses Birmingham and are very helpful in real estate transactions, especially when you want to sell fast and with little stress. We will buy your Birmingham home for cash, and you can enjoy the benefits of working with us, including:
– A fast sale (we can close in less than 7 days!)
– Sell as-is (no cleaning, tune-ups, or repairs needed)
– We take care of the tough stuff, including the paperwork and closings costs
– No property showings
– And much more!
If you’re interested in talking about a stress-free sale – but still want to save on repairs and sell your home fast for cash – Chase Pays Cash LLC is worth a try. We buy houses Birmingham, Clay, Pinson, Moody, Odenville, and throughout Alabama. For a free estimate with Birmingham’s best cash home buyers, call (205) 500-1784 or fill form today.